Tuesday, May 22, 2012

You might think that you have a good english... then Faulkner happens and you see how little you know and understand.

For the last 7 days I had to read, analyze, write about, expose about and discuss, As I Lay Dying by Faulkner, in American Literature class (yes, just 7 f****g days per novel, reading and writing every day including Sundays) and I can say 3 things:
1) I'm exhausted
2) Faulkner is SO DAMN COMPLICATED and AMAZING!!!
and
3) I don't have the level for this class but I'm gonna make it somehow.

Since we are in the subject, this is a quote from the book. Not THE quote, just one I was passing by right now:

"(...) I would think how words go straight up in a thin, line, quick and harmless, and how terribly doing goes along the earth, clinging to it, so that after a while the two lines are too far apart for the same person to straddle from one to the other and that sin and love and fear are just sounds that people who never sinned nor loved nor feared have for what they never had and can not have until they forget the words."

And the word of the day is:

Voicelessness.
I love the way it sounds on a southern accent.

No comments:

Post a Comment